Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Problems

Hope you all are someplace warm, cause the world is a cold, cold place this time of year. The three of us have been on the move since the twenty-fourth, and I hate to admit it, but I've really found myself a little homesick. The more I replay the encounter in my mind, the more I realize that I can't go back.

That's a big problem, because all of the meds and equipment we were using to treat Jessica are back at the house, and she's relapsing at an alarming rate. I keep telling her that I'll figure something out (its hard to tell her why we aren't going back without mentioning our tall friend), but I'm starting to worry: What happens if she dies now? Will the world end anyway? That thing wanted her, so I assume she has something to do keeping him in check or something.

Speaking of, one blessing is the lack of you-know-who, although I keep peeking out of hotel windows and checking behind doors expecting to see it. I doubt the creature in the attic did little to slow it down, and I suspect it'll be back on our trail before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment