Monday, March 26, 2012

The Locked Room

Another discovery. Last night I found that one of the rooms in the basement wouldn't open. I tried every last one of the thirty-seven keys I received with the house, and none of them unlocked the door. Undeterred, I retrieved a set of tools from the garage to force my way in. That's when the situation became downright strange. All the electrical tools stopped working in the basement. I know they aren't broken, because I bought them last month and they worked fine on the ground floor. I even changed the batteries twice before giving up and moving on to the regular tools. None of them even scratched the paint of the doorhandle, not even the sledgehammer. (I'm not the strongest guy in the world, but I'm fairly certain that me, plus sledgehammer, plus door, equals no more door.) I'm rather ashamed to admit that I lost my temper at that point. My shoulder is still bruised from the repeated ramming attempts, and I'm the kind of person who can't let a mystery go unsolved. I'm calling a locksmith.joyansorrowliebeyond

No comments:

Post a Comment