Sunday, April 29, 2012

April Showers...

Sorry about the lack of posts, last week consisted of wave after wave of storms, and the house took a beating. The second story lost a lot of windows and the basement was flooded. Then the power went out and- well you get the picture. Get ready though, as I've got some more weird stuff for you. The door is gone again. Again, I wasn't there when it disappeared, so I didn't see it fade away or anything. But that's beside the point now (I'm still trying to come up with a theory for the door that won't end with me in a nut house), the strange thing was when the basement was flooded. The area where the door keeps appearing was bone dry. There was literally a semi-circle island in a sea of damp carpet. I've marked the wall above with a big red X using spray paint, but beyond that, I'm just going to ignore it. What I can't ignore is that the basement dried itself. No musty smell, no sodden patches, like there hadn't been any storms at all. Now, it wasn't like the basement was under three feet of water, but I'm pretty sure that something like that isn't normal. But, maybe I'm just being paranoid. thestormhasnotpassed
I've contacted Svend's office, but they haven't replied back, so it looks like I'll have to wait on that for now. Gotta go back to measuring for replacement windows now, my task isn't done.

No comments:

Post a Comment